Board Announcement

Site announcements and board rules.
Ryan
Eclectic Owner

United States of America

Board Announcement

Post by Ryan »

Welcome all.

This board was created as a side project to be used in conjunction with my blog. I originally intended to archive some contents I found of value, mostly software among other misc things of an eclectic nature. Furthermore, I intended for this forum to serve as a discussion board for articles my fiancée, friends, and myself have authored. You may encounter some rather peculiar-themed subforums related therein.

Given the turbulent state MSFN is currently in, this puts the forum in a rather unique situation:

It was never my intention to compete with or replace MSFN, from which many of you have come from. Rather, my board served as an additional outlet for my friends to share their extended kernel projects for Vista and Win2k, notably Ximonite and Win32. One limitation I was rather unhappy with back on MSFN was its strict filesharing limits imposed. These sanctions made it difficult to share pertinent Extended Kernel material. Among other limitations, older versions of software had to be hosted on the vendor's site in order to be shared, as sharing mirrors were forbidden. This imposed unnecessary strain on some threads, such as my friend WinClient5270's Last Versions Of Software For Windows Vista thread many of you are familiar with.

Furthermore, I've found myself dissatisfied with their style of moderation as of late, or lack therein. Decisive and politically-charged content is shared regularly, and the overall tone of the forum has turned brittle and juvenile. It's honestly not the culture I remember discovering in 2012 when I first learned of MSFN, and legends known there like BlackWingCat or R. Loew.
(Precision 3610) Xeon 2667 V2 | 32 GB RAM | EVGA GTX 970 SC | SU650 240 GB (Vista Exkern) | 840 Pro 256 GB (Vista Ultimate/10 IoT) | 8 TB storage
(Latitude E6530) i7-3740qm | 16 GB RAM | HD 4000 | 870 EVO 500 GB (Vista Ultimate/10 IoT) |2 TB storage

Return to “Announcements & Guidelines”