Windows XP gets a DDR5 world overclocking record!

Experience the best: Experience Windows Server 2003, from Microsoft.
Trev-MUN

United States of America

Windows XP gets a DDR5 world overclocking record!

Post by Trev-MUN »

The record's probably not going to last long, but this news astounded me. Gigabyte's professional overclocker HiCookie bested a 10,000+ MHz overclock record on DDR5 RAM with a Windows XP machine!
According to HWBot, the new record was achieved by Gigabyte’s professional overclocker, “HiCookie”. The overclocker used an Intel Core i9-12900K and a 16GB DDR5-4800 Gigabyte Aorus RGB stick on a Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Tachyon motherboard. For the operating system, HiCookie used Windows XP Professional. As you might’ve guessed, both the CPU and the memory were cooled using LN2.
I posted about it on VOGONS the other day. This is astounding news. For one thing, it leaves me wondering what all HiCookie had to do in order to get XP running on a machine running a twelth-gen Intel CPU. That's far more recent than anything I've seen as far as support goes for XP. If he's a professional overclocker for Gigabyte, did they write him some custom drivers or something? Since this involves XP32 (presumably) and a 16GB stick, did he activate PAE?

I have a lot of questions ...
WF4123

Romania

Re: Windows XP gets a DDR5 world overclocking record!

Post by WF4123 »

Woah! That's outrageous amazing! I didn't know how could this possibly do this. Yet so.
win32
Kernel Extenders

Canada

Post by win32 »

XP has been done on Alder Lake a few times ago, and I think 2000 as well. ACPI is probably not in use unless the updated drivers allow it now, and the P and E cores are treated like two separate processor packages on XP.
Deleted User 253

Post by Deleted User 253 »

XP Never Ceases To Amaze Me Its Got The Biggest Unofficial Support Base In The World Plus Many Other Big Figures Helping to Make Sure its Still Usable In The Modern Age (Even Some Pretty Modern CPU's Now Have The Capability's In Place To Use XPs full Potential)
Last edited by Deleted User 253 on 09 Jul 2023, 03:31, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Windows XP & Server 2003”